OSS updates September 2023
In this post I'll give updates about open source I worked on during September 2023.
To see previous OSS updates, go here.
I'd like to thank all the sponsors and contributors that make this work possible! Open the details section for more info.
Sponsor info Top sponsors:
If you want to ensure that the projects I work on are sustainably maintained, you can sponsor this work in the following ways. Thank you!
If you're used to sponsoring through some other means which isn't listed above, please get in touch.
On to the projects that I've been working on!
Last week I delivered my babashka talk at Strange
loop talk and much of my attention went to the preparation of that (slides here). Hopefully the talk will be online soon. Keep an eye on the Strange Loop Youtube
EDIT: the talk is now available here.
I did manage to get some coding done as well, despite testing positive for COVID when I arrived back home...
Here are updates about the projects/libraries I've worked on last month.
- clj-kondo: static analyzer and linter for Clojure code that sparks joy. Published a new version (2023.09.07) with these changes:
- #1332: New linter
:unused-alias. See docs.
- #2143: false positive type warning for
- #2145: support ignore hint on multi-arity branch of function definition
- #2147: use alternative solution as workaround for https://github.com/cognitect/transit-clj/issues/43
- #2152: Fix false positive with used-underscored-binding with core.match
- #2150: allow command line options = as in –fail-level=error
:lint-as clojure.core/defmacro should suppress
&env as unresolved symbol
- #2161: Fix type annotation for
clojure.core/zero? to number -> boolean
- #2165: Fix error when serializing type data to cache
- #2167: Don't crash when
:unresolved-symbol linter config contains unqualified symbol
:keyword-binding linter should ignore auto-resolved keywords
- #2172: detect invalid amount of args and invalid argument type for
- #2164: deftest inside let triggers :unused-value
- #2154: add
:exclude option to
- #2134: don't warn on usage of private var in
- #2148: warn on configuration error in
- Expose more vars in
clj-kondo.hooks-api interpreter namespace
- babashka: native, fast starting Clojure interpreter for scripting. Version 1.3.185 released!
- #1624: Use Oracle GraalVM 21 (@lispyclouds)
- Use PGO to speed up loops (now 2-3x faster for
(time (loop [val 0 cnt 10000000] (if (pos? cnt) (recur (inc val) (dec cnt)) val)))!)
- Bump babashka.http-client to v0.4.15
- Bump rewrite-clj to v0.1.1.47
- #1619: Fix reflection issue with
- Support interop on
- #1513: Fix interop on
Thread/sleep with numbers that aren't already longs
- Bump babashka.cli to 0.7.53
- Fix #babashka.nrepl/66
- Various nREPL server improvements (classpath op, file lookup information for
- Bump cheshire to 5.12.0
- squint: CLJS syntax to JS compiler A lot of happened in squint this month:
- Many core var implementations got added:
- Bun compatibility
- Lots of bug fixes
- REPL improvements
- Adopt CLJS truth semantics:
"" are no longer considered falsey
- Lots more coming next month!
- neil: A CLI to add common aliases and features to deps.edn-based projects Version 0.2.61 released
- #181: fix
- fix tests by referring to latest hiccup (@teodorlu)
neil dep upgrade: allow upgrading from an unstable version to the latest unstable version (@teodorlu)
neil dep upgrade: with
--unstable, opt-into unstable library updates (@teodorlu)
- #183: Don't drop
:exclusions when running
neil dep add or
neil dep upgrade ([@borkdude] and [@teodorlu])
- CLI: Turn Clojure functions into CLIs!
- Small release with the option to add your own header on top of
format-opts, thanks to @Sohalt
- http-client: babashka's http-client
- A number of small bugfixes and additions
- A number of experiments around squint:
- rewrite-edn: Utility lib on top of rewrite-clj with common operations to update EDN while preserving whitespace and comments
- Fixed a round-tripping issue by bumping rewrite-clj
- tools-deps-native and tools.bbuild: use tools.deps directly from babashka
- aarch64 binary (thanks @TimoKramer for contributing)
- update upstream projects
- cherry: Experimental ClojureScript to ES6 module compiler
- Bump shared compiler code with squint and publish new version
- deps.clj: A faithful port of the clojure CLI bash script to Clojure
- Bumped tools jar and fixed a bug concerning SHA comparison
- SCI: Configurable Clojure/Script interpreter suitable for scripting and Clojure DSLs
- Add experimental
:static-methods override to control how a static method is invoked. This allowed a fix in babashka for
Thread/sleep on non-longs and for
Class/forName which works arond a bug in Oracle GraalVM 21.
- sci.configs: A collection of ready to be used SCI configs.
These are (some of the) other projects I'm involved with but little to no activity happened in the past month.
Click for more details
- jet: CLI to transform between JSON, EDN, YAML and Transit using Clojure
- quickdoc: Quick and minimal API doc generation for Clojure
- nbb: Scripting in Clojure on Node.js using SCI
- pod-babashka-go-sqlite3: A babashka pod for interacting with sqlite3
- pod-babashka-fswatcher: babashka filewatcher pod
- edamame: Configurable EDN/Clojure parser with location metadata
- lein-clj-kondo: a leiningen plugin for clj-kondo
- lein2deps: leiningen to deps.edn converter
- scittle: Execute Clojure(Script) directly from browser script tags via SCI
- sql pods: babashka pods for SQL databases
- cljs-showcase: Showcase CLJS libs using SCI
- fs - File system utility library for Clojure
- process: Clojure library for shelling out / spawning sub-processes
- babashka.book: Babashka manual
- rewrite-clj: Rewrite Clojure code and edn
- pod-babashka-buddy: A pod around buddy core (Cryptographic Api for Clojure).
- gh-release-artifact: Upload artifacts to Github releases idempotently
- carve - Remove unused Clojure vars
- grasp: Grep Clojure code using clojure.spec regexes
- quickblog: Light-weight static blog engine for Clojure and babashka
- 4ever-clojure - Pure CLJS version of 4clojure, meant to run forever!
- pod-babashka-lanterna: Interact with clojure-lanterna from babashka
- joyride: VSCode CLJS scripting and REPL (via SCI)
- clj2el: transpile Clojure to elisp
- deflet: make let-expressions REPL-friendly!
- babashka.json: babashka JSON library/adapter
- deps.add-lib: Clojure 1.12's add-lib feature for leiningen and/or other environments without a specific version of the clojure CLI
Discuss this post here.